Guest Experience Supervisor
Title: Guest Experience Supervisor
Department: Guest Experience
Reports to: Guest Experience Managers
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Guest Experience Managers, the Guest Experience Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operation of the Guest Experience Department and supervision of all frontline Guest Experience staff, assuring that all guest queries are handled, and information is communicated in a prompt and professional manner.
Guest Experience Supervisors will be assigned to Supervise either:
A) Call Center staff
B) On-hill staff
C) A blend of both Call Center and On-hill staff (dependent on the candidate and their experience).
- To uphold Mt Seymour’s mission “To excite and engage everyone in mountain recreation by providing fun, safe and enriching experiences”.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of Mt Seymour policies, and explaining these to staff and customers.
- Assist the Guest Experience Managers with initial and ongoing training and development of frontline staff.
- Opening the Guest Experience locations, ensuring that your working area and all frontline staff working areas are tidy and set up safely.
- Daily team shift meetings to inform, direct and motivate your team.
- Ensure that day-to-day operation, product, and service updates are communicated to all frontline staff in order for them to provide accurate information to guests.
- Provide exceptional customer service, handle customer queries and complaints quickly and efficiently, and make informed decisions to resolve guest situations.
- Directly supervise the Guest Experience frontline staff and be on hand to assist with the processing of any transactions that may need the authority of a supervisor.
- Oversee close-outs, ensuring all sales points are closed properly and that the reports are properly deposited.
- Ensure that all frontline equipment and POS systems are maintained and in good working order on a daily basis.
- Take ownership of other related administrative duties & additional tasks assigned as required.
WHAT WE REQUIRE FROM YOU
- Please note: this role is an optional hybrid role of work from home & on-hill if supervising Call Center staff.
- Candidates MUST be able to commute to and work the mandatory minimum of 3 shifts per week on-site at Mt Seymour.
- Available for 5 shifts per week – 8hrs per day.
- Previous customer service and sales experience in a lead or supervisory position required.
- Previous Call Center experience is required for those wishing to supervise the Call Center team.
- Knowledge of the winter recreation industry is considered an asset.
- Proficient with MS Office.
- Knowledge of Siriusware POS is considered an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong people skills – listening, perspective, and empathy.
- Strong conflict resolution skills with the ability to remain calm and patient.
- The ability to make fair and informed decisions within the business policies.
- Excellent phone and email etiquette.
- Fantastic attention to detail.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Money reconciliation experience is an asset.
- Goal-orientated with good time management skills.
- Ability to be a supportive and motivated team leader, leading your team by example.
- Ability to work well as a team, under pressure, and in a busy environment.
- Ask for help when you need it, own your mistakes, and always be open to corrections.
- Flexibility in your schedule during high volume periods of the winter season, and a commitment to your agreed availability.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Seasonal full-time - Mid-October 2023 to April 2024.
- Opportunities for continued work throughout the summer may be available.
- Must hold a valid work VISA, Permanent Residency, or Canadian Citizenship.
- Must be available to work weekends, holidays, and some evening shifts.
- Must be available to attend all on-hill training dates (mid-October through early December).
If working at Mt Seymour sounds like a good fit for you, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com indicating the position you are applying for or complete the online application form
Mt Seymour is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.