Title: Snow Groomer
Department: Mountain Operations
Reports to: Operations Manager
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Snow Groomer is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of snow grooming equipment including a variety of snow cats and attachments. To ensure all Mt Seymour’s runs are groomed to a high standard. To ensure all grooming equipment is maintained and operated according to company standards including maintaining all fluid and fuel levels. To maintain a clean, organized, and safe work environment and report and rectify unsafe acts. You will assist in maintaining the cleanliness of snowcats and other related work areas, and identify maintenance requirements on all snow grooming equipment, and communicate this to the Vehicle Maintenance Department & Heavy-Duty Mechanics in a timely fashion. You will also identify any maintenance or operational issues on Mt Seymour ski/snowboard runs and communicate this to the Operations Management team on a regular and timely basis.
THIS POSITION IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF:
- You have previous snow grooming experience.
- You are mechanically minded, and safety-orientated.
- You can work graveyard shifts throughout the winter.
WHAT WE REQUIRE FROM YOU:
- Ideally you have skiing or snowboarding experience.
- You can follow directions and work unsupervised.
- A valid BC Drivers License.
- You are willing and able to work in all weather conditions.
- Able to be a supportive team member.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Seasonal position, December through to mid-April.
- $23 - $30 per hour, depending on experience.
- Complimentary season pass and shuttle bus pass.
- Range of industry discounts and perks.
If working at Mt Seymour sounds like a good fit for you, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position you are applying for or complete the online application form
Mt Seymour is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.