Lift Mechanic/Millwright Supervisor
Title: Lift Mechanic/Millwright Supervisor
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Lift Mechanic/Millwright Supervisor is responsible for performing all routine, preventative, and emergency maintenance on all Mt Seymour lifts, equipment, and machines.
- You will work with the Maintenance Manager and other Millwrights to assist with organizing preventative maintenance, inventory, and record-keeping system.
- You will help identify and prioritize lift maintenance requirements and carry out all lift maintenance procedures and improvements as required.
- You will ensure that all manufacturer’s guidelines and government regulations in regard to lift maintenance and repair are followed.
- You will handle the shipping and receiving of materials as required.
- You will be tasked with maintaining records of maintenance work performed, materials used, quality, and cost control.
- You will ensure a high standard in all finished work while remaining cost-effective, and ensure adherence to health and safety regulations when performing tasks.
- You will be responsible for thorough record keeping and the reporting of equipment status including but not limited to work performed.
- You will assist the Mountain Operations department and other departments on Mt Seymour as required.
- You will oversee the work of the Millwright Apprentice.
- Other related duties as required.
THIS POSITION IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF:
- You work well under pressure in a high-volume environment.
- You are willing to coach and supervise an apprentice.
- You can take direction and work with minimal supervision.
- You are comfortable working in adverse weather conditions while performing labour-intensive duties.
- You are a supportive team member.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- You must hold an Inter-Provincial Millwright Journeyperson's ticket.
- You have at least 3 years of previous experience as a ticketed Millwright with working knowledge of other related trades (welding, electrical).
- You must be comfortable with working at high altitudes – 50-foot towers.
- You have strong interpersonal skills to establish working relationships with managers, supervisors, and co-workers as well as strong organizational and time management skills to provide timely and high-quality service in order to maximize guest and employee experiences.
- You possess a valid WHMIS certificate.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Full-time, year-round position.
- $40 - $44 per hour, dependant on experience.
- Five 8-hour shifts/week, weekends, and evenings (October-April).
- Four 10-hour shifts/week during the off-season (May-September).
- Hourly wage and 50% employee benefit costs.
- Up to 80hrs of overtime can be banked during the winter season to be used in the summer months.
- RRSP Program.
- Clothing, helmet, and tool allowance.
- Family season pass and shuttle bus pass.
- Range of industry discounts and perks.
If working at Mt Seymour sounds like a good fit for you, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position you are applying for or complete the online application form
Mt Seymour is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.