Ski Instructor | Full-Time
Mt Seymour is looking for enthusiastic, friendly, and highly motivated instructors to join our team and share their passion for skiing with our guests.
Mt Seymour is located in North Vancouver, just 30 minutes from downtown Vancouver and is known as Vancouver's place to learn to ski and ride. Our Snow School provides a fun and inclusive atmosphere in which to work. Instructors are responsible for providing a great learning experience to our guests, a large proportion of whom are children.
We offer competitive wages and instructor incentives, as well as a range of industry perks and resort discounts. We also provide regular instructor training sessions to help develop our team.
These are seasonal full-time positions (30-40 hours per week), and 4-6 days a week (extra work during peak operating periods). Mt Seymour pays instructors for their full shifts, setting a new standard in the industry. No matter if you're teaching, assisting, or on standby, your dedication is always recognized and rewarded. Be part of a snow school that values you.
Our season typically runs from December to Mid-April, with orientation training in late November.
Title: Ski Instructor Level 1, 2, 3, or 4
Department: Snow School
Reports to: Instructor Supervisors & Snow School Assistant Managers / Manager
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will be employed to teach guests to ski according to the standards of the Canadian Ski Instructors Alliance (CSIA) in a safe and fun environment. Instructors are expected to always behave in a professional manner as they are dressed in uniform and are role models for all guests and staff. Instructors are expected to be available to work weekends and holidays, these being our busiest periods.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Commitment to the Snow School Mission Statement and Core Values “Safety, Fun, and Learning".
- Teach ski lessons according to the current CSIA standards.
- Responsible for the safety of each guest in the instructor’s care (Duty of Care).
- Be knowledgeable of and teach the variety of lessons that Mt Seymour offers.
- Providing support and leadership to visiting groups and schools in outdoor programs.
- Assist with the organizing of ski and snowboard lessons (aid time).
- Be knowledgeable of and teach the Alpine Responsibility Code.
- Record all class and student information accurately on Snow School class cards.
- To be knowledgeable of current equipment, technique, and teaching methodology by attending regular instructor training.
- Motivate & encourage fellow instructors and provide feedback if required.
- Be in constant communication with Supervisors, Lesson Desk, and co-workers.
- Other related duties as required (as related to other departments and aid time).
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- CSIA Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, or Level 4 equivalent certification.
- Previous teaching experience & experience working with children.
- Excellent communication and guest service skills.
- Personable and helpful attitude.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada (Citizen, Permanent Resident, Valid Working Holiday Visa).
- We have some limited opportunities to offer assistance with VISAs for highly skilled and experienced candidates.
- Mt Seymour is proud to be a Snow School industry leader by paying all instructors for the duration of their shifts, regardless of whether they teach a lesson, are performing other duties, or are on standby. This is an hourly role. Overtime will be required during busy periods.
- Level 1 - $18 - $21.
- Level 2 - $20.50 - $23.50.
- Level 3 - $23 - $26.
- Level 4 - $31.50.
- Premiums for dual certification additional $1 per hour.
- Premiums for park ski certification additional $1.50 per hour.
- Park snowboard certification additional $1 per hour.
- Premium rate for private request lessons.
- Premiums are considered for 'other' additional certifications on a case-by-case basis.
- Full-Time Employee Bonus Scheme, paid out twice seasonally depending on attendance and performance.
- Complimentary season pass and shuttle bus pass provided.
If teaching for Mt Seymour sounds like a good fit for you, please send your resume, covering letter, and a copy of your certifications to email@example.com or complete the online application form HERE.