Mt Seymour is looking for enthusiastic, friendly, and highly motivated instructors to join our team and share their passion for skiing with our guests.
Mt Seymour is located in North Vancouver, just 30 minutes from downtown Vancouver and is known as Vancouver's place to learn to ski and ride. Our Snow School provides a fun and inclusive atmosphere in which to work. Instructors are responsible for providing a great learning experience to our guests, a large proportion of whom are children.
We offer competitive wages and instructor incentives, as well as a range of industry perks and resort discounts. We also provide regular instructor training sessions to help develop our team.
These are seasonal full-time positions (20-40 hours per week), with extra work during peak operating periods.
Title: Ski Instructor
Department: Snow School
Reports to: Instructor Supervisors & Snow School Manager
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
You will be employed to teach guests to snowboard according to the standards of the Canadian Ski Instructors Alliance (CSIA) in a safe and fun environment. Instructors are expected to always behave in a professional manner as they are dressed in uniform and are role models for all guests and staff. Instructors are expected to be available to work weekends and holidays, these being our busiest periods.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Commitment to the Snow School Mission Statement and Core Values “Safety, Fun, and Learning"
- Teach ski lessons according to the current CSIA standards
- Responsible for the safety of each guest in the instructor’s care (Duty of Care)
- Be knowledgeable of and teach the variety of lessons that Mt Seymour offers
- Providing support and leadership to visiting groups and schools in outdoor programs
- Assist with the organizing of ski and snowboard lessons (aid time)
- Be knowledgeable of and teach the Alpine Responsibility Code
- Record all class and student information accurately on Snow School class cards
- To be knowledgeable of current equipment, technique, and teaching methodology by attending regular instructor training
- Be in constant communication with Supervisors, Lesson Desk, and co-workers
- Other related duties as required (as related to other departments and aid time)
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- CSIA Level 1, Level 2, or Level 3 or equivalent certification
- Previous teaching experience & experience working with children
- Excellent communication and guest services skills.
- Personable and helpful attitude
- Legally entitled to work in Canada (Citizen, Permanent Resident, Valid Working Holiday Visa)
- Full-time $17.00 – $22.50 per hour depending on certifications and experience
- Premiums for dual certification and park certification as well as private request lessons
- Complimentary season’s pass and shuttle bus pass provided
If teaching for Mt Seymour sounds like a good fit for you, please send your resume, covering letter, and a copy of your certifications to email@example.com or complete the online application form HERE.