Title: Retail Supervisor
Department: Rentals & Retail
Reports to: Rentals & Retail Manager
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Rentals and Retail Manager and Assistant Manager, this is a full-time seasonal position working Sept to May. Flexibility in shifts is important; during the off-season, shifts are 8am - 4pm, Monday to Friday. Once Mt Seymour is open for winter, shifts move to work 5 days out of 7 including evenings and weekends.
This position will take responsibility for supervising the day-to-day operation of the retail operation, which will include planning, purchasing, sourcing, and operating the retail department. Other duties will include hiring, training, and supervising a small team of seasonal retail employees.
A key focus of this position is working as a part of a team to support service excellence.
- Supervising the day-to-day operation of the Retail department.
- Assisting with long-term planning and goal setting for the Retail operation.
- Business development and sales growth.
- Prepare and deliver pre-season and ongoing training to retail staff, updating training manuals on an annual basis.
- Hire and train a seasonal retail team and provide ongoing supervision throughout the season including scheduling, coaching, etc.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the Rental and Retail Manager and Assistant Manager regarding retail operations, including attending meetings, providing reports, daily check-ins, etc.
- Assist with the execution of all retail purchasing ensuring appropriate product selection, inventory levels, and pricing/profitability.
- Work closely with the Marketing manager regarding product design, logos, and graphic design.
- Create an inventory system for retail sales; submit monthly inventory reports to accounting, review results of the system specific to theft and profitable sales items.
- Be proficient in all Point of Sales systems utilized by the retail department and be able to operate the systems, generate reports, and cash out.
- Supervise, lead, and coach all staff members in their effort to follow their personal strategic map.
WHAT WE REQUIRE FROM YOU:
- You have post-secondary education in a related field.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a high-volume environment, area of work should relate to retail and display.
- You have previous supervisory experience with a seasonal and young workforce.
- Accuracy and attention to detail, clear and concise handwriting.
- Advanced level of MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication and guest service skills.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Seasonal, full-time position.
- $23 - $25 per hour, depending on experience.
- Complimentary season pass and shuttle bus pass.
- Range of industry discounts and perks.
If working at Mt Seymour sounds like a good fit for you, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position you are applying for or complete the online application form
Mt Seymour is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.