School Lesson Participant Form
This form is for students in ski or snowboard lessons with their school. Only submit one form per participant. Submissions must be received by your school's registration deadline. If you have questions, please contact your school's organizer.
Read the Alpine Responsibility Code and School Group Acknowledgement before filling out the form.
ALPINE RESPONSIBILITY CODE
SKI & RIDE WITH CARE
THERE ARE ELEMENTS OF RISK THAT COMMON SENSE AND PERSONAL AWARENESS CAN HELP REDUCE. ALWAYS SHOW COURTESY TO OTHERS. PLEASE ADHERE TO THE CODE LISTED BELOW AND SHARE WITH OTHERS THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR A SAFE OUTDOOR EXPERIENCE.
- Always stay in control. You must be able to stop or avoid people or objects.
- People ahead or downhill of you have the right-of-way. You must avoid them.
- Stop only where you are visible from above and do not restrict traffic.
- Look uphill and avoid others before starting downhill or entering a trail.
- You must prevent runaway equipment.
- Read and obey all signs, warnings and hazard markers.
- Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- You must know how and be able to load, ride and unload lifts safely. If you need assistance, ask the lift attendant.
- Do not use lift or terrain when impaired by alcohol or drugs.
- If you are involved in a collision or incident, share your contact information with each other and a ski area employee.
Know the Code – It is Your Responsibility
SCHOOL GROUP ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
I (means both participant and parent/guardian) understand that skiing and or snowboarding is a hazardous sport. I understand that the sport of skiing and or snowboarding and the use of ski/snowboard equipment involves a potential risk of injury.
I understand that the ski boot binding system will not release at all times and under all circumstances, and that it is not possible to predict every situation in which the system will release. I understand that the snowboard system is non-release binding.
I have no misrepresentations in regards to my height, weight, or skiing or snowboarding experience. (This information is required in order to properly adjust and select the individual ski boot binding settings). I also understand that I am only to use the equipment assigned to me, that I will not adjust or tamper with the ski bindings (ask staff for assistance) and that I will return the equipment at the end of each rental day.
I will keep my child home if they, or anyone in my household, is ill with the flu, common cold, or COVID-19. Symptoms include: cough, fever, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose, chills, headache, loss of sense of smell or taste, fatigue, diarrhea, loss of appetite, nausea and vomiting, muscle aches.
I understand that my child is not allowed to ski or snowboard in Mt Seymour’s terrain parks during school visits.
The following actions are the responsibility of individual students:
- Abide by the Alpine Responsibility Code
- Dress and pack for any type of weather
- Follow my teacher’s request for skiing/snowboarding with a buddy
- Be on time for lessons and departure
In the event of an injury, I consent to my child receiving First Aid by Mt Seymour Patrol staff.
I have read and acknowledge the above information. I understand that lessons are non-refundable and non-transferable. (For refund requests due to special circumstances contact your school.)