Information Systems Analyst
Title: Information Systems Analyst
Reports to: Financial Controller
We are currently recruiting for a flexible, hospitality-focused, leadership-orientated, technically skilled IT professional to join our small, friendly IT Team. Working in a department of three, this position provides IT support to the resort and its many varied departments.
This is a permanent, full-time year-round position based in the Resort Offices on Mt Seymour.
This role is a hands-on position working closely with our operating departments and will work to respond to issues as they arise in connection with our day-to-day business operations as well as working on longer-range projects and ideas to move the IT department forward and enhance Mt Seymour’s business.
The role is responsible for oversight, support, and maintenance of all guest-facing technology and works closely with all our guest-focused departments, such as Guest Experience, Snow School, Rentals, and Retail to name a few.
3 KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Manage and maintain all guest-facing IT systems for the resort, including our customer CRM and POS/ticketing system.
- Analyze, develop, and improve end-user processes through the use of systems and data – e.g., reporting requests using BI and/or SQL reporting.
- Detailed and advanced troubleshooting of business applications and building technologies such as point-of-sale retail/ticketing systems.
- Provide training and excellent end-user support for desktop, mobile, application, and cloud applications.
- Oversee the work of two IT employees within the department.
- Work closely with department leaders to scope IT solutions.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with staff across the organization.
- Other IT services and related duties, as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working within an IT environment.
- Experience with working in a hospitality/retail environment, and working with POS technology.
- Knowledge and experience with MS SQL; writing queries, maintenance & backup as a minimum.
- Demonstrated experience with working with a data visualization/BI tool.
- Must have access to own transportation.
During the non-operating season from approximately late April through to early December this position primarily works Monday to Friday, during regular office hours.
During the resort operating season from approximately the first week in December through until early April, this position shifts to work one weekend day with a corresponding weekday off, for example working Sunday to Thursday, days off Friday & Saturday.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- This role supports some remote-working opportunities throughout the year, especially during our non-operating season.
- Full-time year-round salaried position.
- $65,000 - $70,000 per year, depending on qualifications/experience.
- Medical, Dental, Extended Health, Lift Insurance, and LTD Benefits.
- RRSP program.
- Complimentary family season pass & shuttle bus pass.
- A range of industry and resort discounts and perks.
- Satisfactory completion of a background check is required.
If working at Mt Seymour sounds like a good fit for you, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com indicating the position you are applying for or complete the online application form
Mt Seymour is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.